You have landed on this article, it means that you are probably thinking about kayak fishing or you are willing to upgrade your kayak or accessories. You may be a beginner in this field and
You have landed on this article, it means that you are probably thinking about kayak fishing or you are willing to upgrade your kayak or accessories. You may be a beginner in this field and want to make sure that you buy the right things, which you will need. Here are a couple of questions about the best fishing kayak to give you a better insight.
- What is the right type of fishing kayak?
- What are the accessories you will need?
- What is the right kind of anchor to use for your kayak?
- What are the things to consider while buying a kayak?
Let us start from the basics of kayaking. Kayaking dates back to Eskimos and Native American tribes. Interesting part is that first, it was used for hunting because of their stealth nature. In the present scenario, fishing and hunting is done by using best fishing kayak and they are considered as efficient means of fulfilling these tasks.
The kayak industry has grown exponentially in the recent past. Some of the reasons responsible for this fast growth are
- Kayaks are lightweight and affordable
- They are easy to store and transport
- Effective means for fishing as they are super quiet
- You do not have to spend money on its maintenance
- No gas or batteries are required
Types of fishing Kayaks
These types of kayaks are the best choice for fishing because of the following reasons.
- You will find it easier to get in and out of it, at the time of launching it or getting into it if you happen to fall out.
- These kayaks are self-bailing; it means that if water will get in, then it will go out by itself. This will save you from flooding.
- You sit higher and this gives you the opportunity to have a better view of the water.
- Different seating options are available, which you can use according to your comfort and requirement.
- You will get a good amount of space and options to store and access your gear.
- It has a good ability to stand up.
Sit in Kayaks
Sit-in kayaks are not fishermen friendly and many times you will find it difficult to get in and get out of it.
- They are prone to flooding. When water will go into it, there is no option for water go out.
- You will also find it difficult to customize according to your requirements.
- You have to sit below the surface of the water.
Sit-in kayaks are comparatively cheaper than the sit- on-top kayaks.
How to select the kayak paddle
When you are choosing a kayak paddle, there are two things to consider.
First, is the length of the paddle and the second is the weight of the paddle.
In case your kayak paddle is longer, than you require, then you have to do zigzag. In case your kayak paddle is too short, then you will find it difficult to reach in the water. Heavy kayak paddles will serve as a hurdle and you cannot paddle for long because you will get tired.