To prove your English language proficiency before you get your visa through the direct entry stream, you have to go through a number of procedures. It doesn’t matter that you’ve studied from the most excellent convent school out there and that you hold a master’s degree in English. The following points will be required to see you through the entire procedure. However you don’t have to do everything mentioned in the list. Talk to your immigration consultant regarding which ones will create the most impact and he will guide you through.
- You need to have a valid passport issued by the government of United States of America, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada or the republic of Ireland.
- You must score at least 6 points in all of the four components of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), i.e., reading, speaking, listening and writing. This test is valid for three years when you submit your visa application.
- You have to score no less than a ‘B’ grade in all of the test components of the Occupational English Test. This ‘B’ or a higher grade in the four test components will be valid for three years again from the time you submit your application.
How to apply for an direct entry stream visa and other details.
- You need to meet every single requirement mentioned under the general requirements of the Subclass 186 visa and the specific requirements of the direct entry stream visa australia.
- You have to get your employer to lodge the nomination in your favour. This should happen before you submit your application for the Visa. He or she needs to give a nomination for you with the Department of Home Affairs in Australia. After this gets approved, you have to apply within 6 months to stand a chance of qualifying or the nomination in your favour will get revoked.
- You must get all your documents ready. The Direct entry stream Visa requires that you submit a number of documents along with the application to prove that all the claims you’ve made in it are true and up to date. These documents will be listed in the document checklist.
- The next thing you need to do is to upload your application online. For the direct entry stream visa, there are a list of documents that you need to keep scanned with you. Along with that you must have the adequate visa application fee with you on your debit or credit card.
- Last but not the least, you have to wait for the DHA to come to a decision. This may take a few months. Don’t lose your patience and always look for a positive sign. Once you get a confirmation regarding your Visa approval, you will get your visa and you can continue or start working in the beautiful country, that is Australia. Getting a direct entry stream visa for australia is not difficult if you know what exactly you have to do.